A new world record has been set for the biggest online jackpot win! One lucky player managed to spin the reels of the popular Microgaming slot Mega Moolah Absolootly Mad to take home this huge win of €19,430,723.60. Find out more below about how this player snagged this record-breaking prize money.
New Mega Moolah Jackpot Record
A player won an incredible €19,430,723.60 at Napoleon Sports and Casino in Belgium! The player was spinning the reels of the hugely popular slot game Mega Moolah Absolootly Mad, which was only released in 2020, when the giant win occurred from a small €15 bet. Not only that, it would appear that players at this casino are on a winning streak at the moment as another very lucky player took home a whopping jackpot prize of over €2 million just a few weeks before.
Time De Borle, the CEO of Napoleon Sports and Casino said of the huge win “Last week we were already over the moon when a player won our 2 million Wowpot. But to have a second winner on our platform, for a world record-breaking amount, is just sensational and highly exceptional. This is a unique moment in betting history worldwide.”
Since its release just over a year ago, Mega Moolah Absolootly Mad has paid out over €46 million across its jackpot tiers. Another winner was recently announced in April 2021 by Microgaming who took home a close win of €17,529,047.11.
The Biggest Mega Moolah Microgaming Jackpot Wins
Mega Moolah Absolootly Massive now holds the record for the largest online slot payout in the world but the previous record that it beat was also set by Mega Moolah. The Mega Moolah series from Microgaming are the slots that have some of the biggest jackpot wins ever. Here are some of the huge wins players have made on these games:
- $11.6 million – In November 2016, a Canadian player won an incredible $11.6 million spinning the reels of Mega Moolah at an online casino
- $19.9 million – A UK player, Jon Heywood, managed to take home a win of $19.9 million when spinning the reels of Mega Moolah with just a $0.25 bet
- $22.4 million – Mega Moolah paid out once again in 2018 and this time it was to a player who had spun the game less than 50 times on a bet of just $0.75
In the first half of 2020 alone, the Mega Moolah slot games created a total of seven millionaires with the biggest win a massive €1.6 million and over its lifetime, Microgaming has paid out an incredible €1.2 billion across its progressive jackpot network.
NetEnt’s Mega Fortune Progressive Jackpot Wins
Another massively popular software provider of jackpot slot games is NetEnt. This software provider offers fantastic jackpot slots such as:
- Mega Fortune
- Arabian Nights
- Hall of Gods
- Mega Fortune Dreams
Mega Fortune held the top spot for the biggest online slot win ever when a Finnish player in 2013 won a whopping $24 million from a $0.25 bet. What’s more, it also broke the world record for a mobile jackpot win when a player in 2015 won €8.6 million.
Scandinavian players have done extremely well spinning the reels of NetEnt progressive jackpot slot games. A Norwegian player also win a huge sum of money when spinning the reels of Arabian Nights as he won a life-changing $17.3 million. Hall of Gods has also paid out lots of spectacular wins with the largest being a huge €7,820,888 at Unibet Casino.
Biggest Las Vegas Jackpot Slot Wins
While some of the biggest jackpot slot wins have been set by online slot games, there have still been many huge wins made at the gambling capital of the world, Las Vegas. Here are some of the giant wins that players have made spinning the reels at popular Vegas casinos:
- $39.7 million – one lucky player spinning the reels of the Megabuck slot game at Excalibur Casino in 2003 managed to take home the jackpot prize of $39.7 million
- $35 million – another player took home a $35 million prize in 2000 playing Megabucks at the Desert Inn Casino which was previously located in the Wynn Hotel
- $21.3 million – the Megabucks slot game struck again as a slot player at the famous Caesars Palace won a massive $21.3 million in 1999
- $21.1 million – this player was extremely lucky and managed to do the impossible when he won $21.1 million on the Megabucks slot game in the Cannery Casino, not long after previously winning $4.6 million at the Mirage Casino
The Odds of Winning a Progressive Jackpot Slot
Every slot player wants to see their name being added to one of these millionaire progressive jackpot winner lists, but how possible is it in reality? Slot players have a 50 million to over 100 million to one chance of winning a major jackpot and this varies so greatly due to each slot having a different RTP and variance.
If you want to maximise your chances of winning a progressive jackpot slot, it is best to opt for higher denomination games where the house edge is better. For example, rather than playing a slot with a payback rate of 85%, it is better to choose one that has a 95% payback rate. Increasing the jackpot win odds does usually mean, however, that you are also increasing the riskiness of the game.
As you can see, the opportunity to win a record-breaking jackpot win is not confined to the casinos of Las Vegas as you can potentially become a millionaire from spinning the reels of online slot games! Mega Moolah is a clear favourite and has paid out billions since its inception. Here at Fruity King, we offer a huge range of progressive jackpot slot games and you can enjoy spinning the reels of top titles such as Cash Splash, King Cashalot, Fluffy Favourites Jackpot, Tunzamunni and Treasure Nile.